Cosmetic dentistry is all about the art of creating beautiful smiles. It deals with the appearance of the teeth and the beautification of your smile. Creating white teeth and the perfectly aligned smile may seem not so complicated but it requires an eye that is good and hands that are experienced. It requires the thorough understanding of dental anatomy and knowhow of all the dental materials. The dentist must also be able to communicate his vision to the laboratory technician in order to make the smile makeover possible.
Who is a cosmetic dentist?
Cosmetic dentist is a restorative dentist who knows the intricate concepts of smile design and the necessary dental materials to create the best smiles. Cosmetic dentists generally affiliated with a professional organisation that helps them in the field and study of cosmetic dentistry.
What should be expected from a cosmetic consultation?
The cosmetic dentist is concerned with the look of your smile so the first thing the dentist asks is what you like or dislike about the smile and the particular feature you would like to change. You can also bring photos of your expectations to give the dentist a clear picture. The dentist takes an oral exam in order to check any underlying dental issues. Once the dentist completes his checkup and knows your expectations or requirements, he or she will explain the different treatment options which include the procedures, the costs and the course of action.
Which dental treatments are considered cosmetic?
All cosmetic treatments enhance the appearance of the teeth and smile while also restoring the overall function and oral health.
- Teeth Whitening: This is the most common cosmetic treatment which brightens the smile and makes it whiter.
- Composite Bonding: This is the cure of chipped teeth by attaching a composite resin.
- Porcelain and Composite Veneers: These re-designed s substitute for tooth enamels that can mask different dental imperfections.
- Crowns: Natural porcelain crowns are used to replace heavily damaged teeth.
- Dental implants: This is the most natural looking replacement of the entire tooth.
- Inlays and Onlays : These are used when old fillings need to be removed or replaced.
- Tooth coloured fillings: These fillings are the same colour as the teeth.
- Cosmetic gum surgery: This is also called gum reshaping.
- Clear orthodontic aligners: This is the invisible way to straighten teeth without braces.
- Tooth contouring and reshaping: This can eliminate minor defects in teeth.
At Courtdrive dental practice we offer smile makeover treatment. To book your free consultation, please call us on 01895 233 955 or visit our website to request an appointment. http://www.courtdrivedentalpractice.co.uk/